Welcome to the Illinois Society of Periodontists (ISOP)
Welcome to the official website of the Illinois Society of Periodontists (ISOP). The Illinois Society of Periodontists was established in 1963. Our mission is to promote the practice of Periodontics in the State of Illinois by being an advocate for Illinois periodontal interests as well as providing our members with resources and education to strengthen our profession. The ISOP represents the interests of Periodontists at the state level and is the point of contact between our specialty and other dental organizations in our state and with the AAP. The ISOP also provides up-to-date continuing education on topics most vital to the health and welfare of our patients as well as gives you the opportunity to network with your colleagues in periodontics. We strongly encourage you to join the Illinois Society of Periodontists as it represents the voice of the periodontist in the state. We look forward to working with you and invite you to contact us with any suggestions you may have or information we may help you with.
As a Periodontist in the State of Illinois and a member of the Illinois State Dental Society, you are eligible to become a member of the Illinois Society of Periodontists.
Our objectives are:
- To promote the highest standards of periodontal care for the public.
- To establish good will, ethical standards, and understanding of mutual problems among its members.
- To represent the specialty of periodontics in the state of Illinois.
- To maintain a cooperative relationship with the state and local dental societies and other dental specialty organizations.
- To provide the public, the media and third party carriers with information and guidance in matters relating to periodontics.